Monday, July 18, 2016

New, New, New, Everything is New

                                                                                                    Apr 11, 2016
Dear Everyone,

     Wow everything is so different. I got a new companion named Elder
Rojas and with him came a huge change. Elder Rojas hurt his knee last
Friday so now he has to wear a leg brace and crutches. So now we are
using a car which is interesting to use because there is a whole new
set of challenges we need to face; like finding a parking spot, one
ways, making sure we don't get towed, but we can look at each
challenge and mistake with laughter at the end of it, which there is
quite a bit of since I am the only one who can drive. Also we had
plenty of doctor appointments for Elder Rojas's knee, I hope and pray
that he recovers soon. I just got him as a companion!

      We also went to the temple on Saturday with members who we visited
often, one of them, Juan Perez, went to get his endowments for the
first time. It was so cool to be part of it. For those who don't know
the temple is a place where we can obtain many blessings that last for
eternity. Anyone who is a member and gets a temple recommend (it's
kind of like a pass to the temple you get after you complete an
interview with the bishop) can enter into the temple however anyone
can go on the temple grounds and visit the visitors center.  Every
time I go to the temple I am always reminded of how life doesn't end
after death or that it didn't begin at birth but there was way more
before and there will be so much more after this life.  I'm so happy
to have this knowledge and so sad when people choose not to accept or
reject this happy message. But all I can do is offer right? Everyone's
free to choose.

      Yesterday was one of the best Sundays I have had so far in the
mission. We stopped by this one member Georgina and her two daughters
and we were welcomed so warmly, Georgina gave us a bunch of little
treats from the store she works at. Then we visited the Tinocos after
not seeing them for 2 months. Apparently the father had changed jobs
and it was just like old times they even wanted us to come back so I
can try real "Mexican" food, apparently Taco Bell isn't real Mexican
food.

      That was my week, sorry I would have had sent this earlier but I was
driving quite a bit this morning, long but fun! Hope your week went
well.
                                                                                   Best Wishes, Elder Agre

Me and my new companion, I usually wear glasses but in the photo it looked like I had a lazy eye, so I went with no glasses.

All the treats we got from Georgina.


No comments:

Post a Comment