Monday, July 18, 2016

3 New Investigators, 2 Cannibal Little Girls, and 1 Perfect Plan

                                                                                                      Jun 6, 2016
Hey Everyone,

          Summer is here, my favorite season for now and forever. 100
days of heat until back to 265 days of Chicago winter. I had a lot of
cool, fun, weird, and worrisome experiences this week.
          One night we receive a call from a member who told us about
a lady in the hospital whose 8-day old daughter is about to die and
asked us to go over and give her comfort (the lady was Catholic and
was worried about her daughter not being baptized before she passes
away). So we went over the next morning and it was a little heart
wrenching for me to see such a tiny baby in the arms of her crying
mother. I also got the chance to translate for a doctor who wanted to
tell the mother about the situation a little bit more. The baby has a
chromosome defect so her heart, brain, and body is all has problems.
The baby has the possibility of living of one more month but then
after that who knows. The morning before me and my companion
researched and studied about the message do share with her about how
children are saved in Christ and it seemed to me one of those times
where the veil between life and death seemed to blur a little for me.
Such a huge message of hope. The Plan of Salvation is becoming my
favorite thing to teach now because it's so perfect, I've come to
realize that everything is based on our free will, even in the end, we
choose which kingdom we go to because we choose now how we live our
life based on the knowledge that we have. They accepted the message of
Plan of Salvation full heartedly and we will see them this Tuesday to
see if they will continue hearing the message.
         Flash forward a little, all the missionaries were helping out
setting up a party for a little girl. During this time the birthday
girl and her cousin (both are about ages 3 to 4) are going around and
playing, at one point me and my companion for the day, Elder Seger,
got bombarded by them. During dinner, they started eating Elder Seger
alive, then one of them started licking me, luckily I was wearing a
rain jacket but man, little kids are vicious. Elder Seger was wearing
a white shirt so he got spaghetti sauce bite marks all over it.
     On Tuesday, we contacted Jaime, a man who lives way close to our
house (when we park our car at night we can see his place across the
pond next to our home). We considered him our miracle for the week but
he accepted the Book of Mormon and said he would be glad to have us
over. Yesterday we texted him to sent up an appointment with him
tomorrow then he texted us back saying "Sure, I will also have beers
and how many of you will be over, I'll have girls over for each one of
you". Sigh, we will see if he's serious, a less active playing around
with us, or just crazy but this Tuesday will also have something else
to look forward too because investigator named Emily whom we have had
trouble getting another appointment with, had called one of the
members and asked "hey, when are you guys coming over?" So we have
Jaime, Emily, and Maria (the mother of the sick child) all this
Tuesday, tomorrow is going to be fun.
     I have been feeling bad because lately I have been able to write
about any cool missionary experiences so I'm glad this week has been
different. I hope your week has been great.

                                                                                                       Love, Elder Agre

No comments:

Post a Comment