Monday, July 18, 2016

Different Views are Interesting

                                                                                                   Mar 21, 2016
 Hi Everyone,

       This week has been a little slow. We only met with members save for
  one investigator appointment all week. Which is good because it means
  more food and also we get to be better friends with them, which is a
  focus our mission is trying to implement, because we will find more
  people if we have members helping us out.

       Also we met a Jehovah's Witness minister who was very opened to talk
  to us and we were able to find more about his beliefs, he's not
  interested in the Church but now I have a better understanding of
  them. Also we met a member of the Scientology religion ( I think it
  would be considered one), he told us (and I don't know if it's same
  beliefs for all members) but he said that he believes that humans
  aren't smart enough to get to where we are now without the help of
  extraterrestrials. He believes that the spaceship with advanced
  technology crashed in Roswell and we used reversed engineering to use
  advance our own technology. My only question is even if we did get
  help from alien technology how does that take God out of the equation?

       All was interesting but the best thing was zone conference. We talked
  a lot about working with members and we had a departing testimony for
  all of those leaving this transfer. One of them, Elder Gillis, my zone
  leader, gave his testimony and I actually almost shed a tear because I
  realized that I would miss him so much. I also realized that other
  people were crying in the audience. And it becomes he just loves
  everyone, he has welcomed my first day and has never stopped making me
  feel like a lifelong friend that's the kind of attitude I want to
  have.

  That was my week, can't wait to see what happens this week.

                                                                                                         Love, Elder Agre

No comments:

Post a Comment