Monday, July 18, 2016

1 Out of 3 Ain't So Bad, also, Members are Awesome

                                                                                                            Jun 13, 2016
Hey Everyone,

         It's been an interesting week. Full of strange events and miraculous
blessings. Last week I talked about I was excited for 3 people; Jaime,
Emily, and Maria.
         Earlier Jaime had texted us some pretty weird things
about drinking and etc. So on the day of the appointment we brought a
member to have back up in case something went down. Jaime's daughter
answered and said her dad wasn't home, luckily our house is 2 minutes
away from his and the member was 5 seconds away from so we all went
home and we gave Jaime, a call. He answers and says his name was
Gabriel Sanchez and that Jaime doesn't exist. So then I asked, "Don't
who have we been texting?" And he answers with "I don't know, wrong
number". It should have been frustrating but at this point it was
another humorous turn of events.
Maria unfortunately keeps not having time to meet with us because she
has to take care of the baby but that means the baby is still alive
which is awesome. Emily was one of the highlights, also the 1 out of
3. She works at the mall with one of the members, Jessica,  (they both
are great friends now) and she is so down to learn about the gospel.
We had an awesome Plan of Salvation lesson with her and Jessica was
such an awesome member present, she was the one who invited her to
church and Emily seemed down.
That was all Tuesday, definitely our busiest day.
          Then we get a call from our bishop to go visit a
member who moved in the area a month ago and just recently found got
in contact with the church. So we visited Dora, such an amazing person
she would have been at church since week 1 but she didn't have the
information of the church or a ride. So we asked Jessica, the VIP of
this week to help us out one more time with getting Dora to church
since she lives really close to her. And she did, Dora was at church
and she just seemed to fit right in. End of the story without Jessica
our week would have been way sad.
          We also had zone conference, nothing is better than
hanging with 30 other missionaries and your mission president for 6
hours and being fed with spiritual nourishment. I was so spiritual
stuff, I couldn't even eat dinner. I had too though because Jessica's
family made us dinner, Jessica also made the missionaries lunch during
zone conference. (Jessica basically made this whole week). This was
our president's last zone conference with us, we get a new one at the
end of June, doesn't seem so far away. His last possible words to me
as mission president was "Elder Agre, I'm excited for how the rest of
your mission will turn out". I'm usually excited all time and I didn't
think I could get more excited but lo, and behold every fiber of my
body was saturated with excitement.
          This was my week, I'm still way excited and hope you all
have something to be excited about.
                                                                                             Love, Elder Agre

We did our zone activity today, it was so much fun. We had a scavenger hunt, one of the things on the list was a 4 leaf clover. How we found it is:
Me- "I have never seen a four-leaf clover in my entire life. Oh, wait I found one"I have a feeling I'm about to get lucky this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment