Monday, July 18, 2016

Is it finally here?! Spring/Summer!?

                                                                                                      Apr 18, 2016
Hi everyone,

     Here in Chicago it is 60 to 70 degrees all week long. And it's so
humid too I love it so much reminds me of home. If I am not sweating
within 5 minutes of being outside then it's too chilly for me. But
despite the great weather not all is well here. We found out what is
wrong with my companion 's knee. It could have been his Meniscus which
torn which would have been a 6 week recovery or his ACL which would be
a 6 month to a year recovery. Turns out it was both he jokes how it
wasn't the two cars that hit him but a fall down a hill which messed
up his knee. We don't know how long he has to stay. It's so weird
because he has been out as long as I have, I can't even imagine how he
feels.
     Despite this fact we have still been working as much as we
can. An awesome experience I had happened this Tuesday. Being stressed
out by not knowing and the fact that we had to teach in front of a
bunch missionaries the next day he decided to take a bit of a rest. I
decided to start my language study then remembered I needed to pray. I
then started praying then I heard in my head Koster Park. I thought
that's weird but grabbed my companion taking the thought as a
prompting and we went over to the park. And we met a guy named Omar
after knocking on doors for a while and we taught him the Restoration
and gave him a Book of Mormon and that was pretty much it. The rest of
the day went normally and I thought nothing of my prompting until our
zone leaders came the next night and talked to us concerning the news
of the knee. Then my companion said that despite being a missionary
for as long as I have and for having done so many great things in his
last area, he finally felt like one when we were talking to Omar, just
a regular old missionary thing. Whoa, I had no idea my companion felt
like that. The Lord's timetable is so cool, and it still amazes me how
He can make everything fit together just for one person.
     This week we also said goodbye to a member of this Ward for 30
years. And for each of those years she has been feeding missionaries
after church every Sunday but not fast Sunday where she makes us
sandwiches to break the fast with later. Her name is Hermana Curi and
she is moving to Idaho with her daughter. I can't even thank her
enough for 30 years, wow! Another Hermana said she would try to
continue the tradition we will see.

That was my week, some sad but still an overwhelming awesome week.


                                                                                               Love, Elder Agre


Hermana Curi is the one with the flowers, she will be missed by members and missionaries alike.



No comments:

Post a Comment