Sunday, January 17, 2016

Merry Christmas Week (Part 2)

                                                                     
                                                                                                          Dec 28, 2015
  Merry Christmas everyone,

               My first Christmas here in Chicago was fun to say the least. Definitely different than a Christmas from back home. It was also warm throughout the entire week of Christmas, absolutely no snow. However I like it warm than cold so I consider it an enjoyable Christmas.
              Christmas Eve began at around 6 am for the missionaries here. We did service that morning by packing up food for the less fortunate. It was strange because many missionaries were saying hi to one other and remembering memories but I didn't know anyone else outside from my zone. Which made me excited for the day when I'm the one saying hi to everyone and remembering the hard and the good times. That night we had a Christmas dinner with our Ward mission leader. It was so good and so much food that I felt stuffed. We also had a sleepover that night with the other elders.
              Christmas morning started off rough because we had to get up at 4 am and I didn't really sleep that night until 3 am. We finished packing up the food and all the missionaries sang a Christmas hymn for the people volunteering for service. I then got to call home and see my family for the first time in 3 months. It made me really happy that we have the Plan of Salvation and families can be together forever and not have to be separated after this life. Then we helped our investigator overcome his last reservations about getting baptized.
              The First Baptism that I witnessed on my mission. His name is Napoleon has been waiting to be baptized after seeing the miracles of a Mormon doctor. It's been 3 months in the making but he got baptized the day after Christmas. At church we confirmed him a member and conferred the Aaronic priesthood to him. I didn't feel like I had a part in his joining the church since we had only known each other for a month, but I know the time will come when I do need to play a key part so I need to step up as a missionary now so I am prepared later. 
             This was my first mission Christmas, I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmases and I wish everyone a happy New Year. I can't wait to see what comes in 2016 and I'm grateful for came about in 2015.
                                                                             -Happy Holidays, Elder Agre



No comments:

Post a Comment